Originally Posted At: Stadium Scene TV
By: Kate Thompson
Updated: Aug 23, 2017
Isn't she adorable??!!!Being a Cubs fan, she did not like having to cuddle with her owner under a White Sox blanket. To fix that, she chewed a baseball-sized hole through the blanket. Being the awesome sister I am, I decided to make my brother a new White Sox blanket. The reason I love fleece tie blankets is that they can be customized. They can be as long as you want, any colors you want, and with so many patterns out there, any design you want. They are also super easy to make. I made mine in an afternoon. Now you can too!
1. Lay out both pieces of fabric and match up the edges. Trim them if necessary
My fabric laid out
2. Pick any corner and remove a 4-inch x 4-inch section of fabric.
3. From that corner start cutting 1-inch x 4-inch strips in either direction.
Steps Two and Three
4. Continue cutting strips until you reach 4-inch from the end of the fabric.
5. Remove the 4-inch by 4-inch corner again.
6. Continue cutting strips.
7. Repeat steps 4-6 until you return to the original corner.
8. Work your way around the blanket double knotting each set of strips.
One thing I did to make my life easier was every ten or so strips, I would tie a knot. This helped prevent future issues with tieing the wrong pieces of fleece together. I also mentioned the ruler as an optional tool. Most people can eyeball the dimensions, but I am a perfectionist and I measured it out.
The Final ProductRead More...